Re: slewing sound level

J. L. Schenz <deltatec@...>

Derek,

Your operative words were:

"If I want to use GOTO with fairly good accuracy, I align with the polar
scope then calibrate--no iterations needed."

Oh where,oh where can a polar scope be found?  ; ^)

Jim Schenz

Derek Wong wrote:

"Jeffrey D. Gortatowsky" wrote:

> "Hello! I just want to slew and have the object in the FOV of
> a 31mm Terminagler, not a 2.5mm LV with a 5x PowerMate!  :^D
> Can't I do a quick two star alignment and start observing?

For visual observing without GOTO, I just sight Polaris through the
polar scope hole and power up.

If I want to use GOTO with fairly good accuracy, I align with the polar
scope then calibrate--no iterations needed.  That is good enough to get
well inside the field of a decent sized eyepiece.

Derek

--
James L. Schenz

Delta Technologies, Limited