Re: OFF TOPIC - remote PC & TeamViewer Home Use version - Times out

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Anthony, I too am watching this thread with great interest. It seems to me that an early version of TV blocked file-transfer for the free version but this is no longer the case. I routinely use TV to move a gig or more of data from the field behind our farmhouse to the computer IN the farmhouse via a range extender connected to the router and sitting at the back of our deck (in a weather proof plastic box).

Stuart

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Anthony Ayiomamitis ayiomami@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Gents,

I have been following this thread with great interest.

Speaking of TeamViewer, it is something I tried a few years ago when I wanted to transfer a few gig of data from one laptop to another. It was interesting to note that I had my ability for file transfers immediately cut thereafter and, I suspect, the 10 Gb of data involved in the transfer did me in. As an aside, FileZilla is one incredible piece of software for such matters involving a local network (it is also freeware).

Question for the group: of the various pieces of software suggested in this thread, which one has the least overhead with respect to slowing down the remote computer due to CPU, RAM etc when the software is active on it?

Anthony.

On 5/3/2016 18:28, 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Hi (dvj),

    That’s interesting – I wonder why TeamViewer sometimes “forgets” that it is running the FREE version - limited to 3 hour connection before forcing a disconnect. I think that has also happened to me, once or twice. I think the first run after install doesn’t setup the 3 hour cut-off, in its parameters,  until that initial session has ended.

    Please see (below) the email I received from TeamViewer confirming this whole issue of how long a free session keeps its connection.

Joe

**** From TeamViewer *****

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much for your message.

The   FREE version   of TeamViewer has a   “three-hour limit”    on its connections.
This means each session will be disconnected after three hours. However you can always establish a new connection again immediately afterwards.

Please note that  “LICENSED versions”  of TeamViewer do NOT have any time limit on their connections.
If you have a need for unlimited connections, please consider purchasing a license. We will be happy to discuss our licensing options with you and give you a personalized quotation.

If you have any further questions about TeamViewer, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Ryan Zhang
TeamViewer Pty Ltd *
www.teamviewer.com
Asia Pacific Headquarters, Adelaide, AUSTRALIA