From: Jeffrey D. Gortatowsky [mailto:mrrockets@...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 7:39 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] slewing sound level

Rich,

I ditched a message that had the exact same tone as yours. After rereading
the original I realized whomever it was posting (grayfox65?) was trying to
get way more precision than I currently need. I mean it was _great_ to get
all this information, and I did file it away, but I was thinking to myself:

"Hello! I just want to slew and have the object in the FOV of
31mm Terminagler, not a 2.5mm LV with a 5x PowerMate! :^D
Can't I do a quick two star alignment and start observing?
Then
maybe refine the mount's error by using a synchronize
command?"

However reading the entire message again I see that is exactly the case. So
I trashed the email. I think we are talking about two different criteria for
pointing accuracy here. Me thinks grayfox65 wants to put it on a CCD chip or
somptin' like that. Or I could just be out in left field.

Clear skies,
Jeff