On planetary eyepieces

Mike Shade

Curious as to what folks have found to be good choices for planetary eyepieces (for use with AP scopes, of course).  Being primarily an imager, in general my visual through a telescope has been to collimate the reflectors.  My current eyepiece collection includes some old Meade research grade orthoscopics and first generation TeleVue Plossls, and ancient Nagler type-1s.  Was thinking of upgrading a bit, primarily for planetary work.

So given the current crop of eyepieces available, what do people find to be good, and a good value for the money?

thanks...

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com