Re: mount protocol

Benoit Schillings

there is an easy way to prevent non Astro-Physics mount from using the ap applications. just use a public/private key system to encrypt the command before sending them to the mount. Anybody can encrypt, but only the AP mount can decrypt.

-- benoit

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Kyle Goodwin goodwink@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I would also be keen to see updated documentation covering the newer commands. I think it's very important for the protocol to remain open and documented as features are added.

Kyle

On Apr 8, 2016 7:13 PM, "Mike C mike@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I would chime in and say I was hoping for an updated protocol manual for the joystick controller I've been working on.

Mike

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Andy Galasso andy.galasso@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hello Roland,

I have also been looking for the protocol documentation for my CP3 (V-chip) for a Linux application. Do you have the documentation for the newer chips?

Andy

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Benoit Schillings benoit.schillings@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion Roland, but I fear that I cannot run windows software in my system (all Linux based). I will use the older :pR# :pP# commands to implement then.

-- benoit