Re: Cp 4 controller queat2

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Christopher, Dean, hope you don't mind me piling on here. I'm like Dean, running remotely. Can't see a ton of use for Wireless or USB vs. Serial that I have now. CP2 btw.

Christopher, I'm confused by your comment about absolute encoder input. Neither Dean's 1200 nor my 900 have encoders. Is the CP4 really only a huge benefit to 1100 and 1600 owners?

Stuart

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM, 'Christopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Just my opinion but the absolute encoder input combined with the digital
input for limit switches and such is a big deal. Not to mention the ARM
Cortex M3 processor. The CP4 has horsepower to burn for an amazing amount
of future development and features and the processor in the CP3 has probably
just about reached the limits of its capacity.

And I would be surprised if there was much more significant development that
is going to be done on the CP3 firmware, other than bug squashing.

But the CP3 is a solid, stable and robust piece of kit and there will be a
lot of them out there loyally chugging away for years and years to come.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738