Re: Parking via ASCOM

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Scott / Joel, I'm not doubting you Joel but I happened to perform this very experiment two days ago. I have a AP900GTO CP2 running under ASCOM with the current driver. TSX is the control software. In the ASCOM driver I have "Park to current position" yet when I issued a park command in TSX, it went to where I had set the Park position in TSX months ago. So, my vote is that whatever program one uses (CCDAP, CCD-C, etc) it will send the mount to the park position that TSX has stored.

Stuart

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Joel Short buckeyestargazer@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I don't use CCDAP but if you are connecting via the AP Ascom driver then you need to configure the park position in Ascom.  So yes, if you set the park position to park 3 in the "Telescope Setup" (Ascom) settings it should park to park 3.  I don't know CCDAP but I believe most client applications that use Ascom simply issue a park command and let the Ascom driver tell the mount where to park.
joel

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Scott Hammonds shammonds@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

This question is really for those of you who are using your AP mount and the ASCOM interface to park the scope via CCDAP5.

I'm using an AP1200GTO mount, CCDAP5, The Sky X. When I connect everything I have ASCOM/TheSkyX selected for Telescope. Under CCDAP5 Options I have checked Park Telescope. When my run has been completed it parks the telescope in its current position despite having preset a park position in TSX. So, I'm thinking it is using the ASCOM setup to issue the park command to the mount, correct? (In my case, the dropdown box has "current position" for the park position.) If this is the case, then I need to change the setting under the Default Park/Unpark positions in the ASCOM tab, correct?

My question then, If I select Park 3 in the ASCOM tab as the default park position, when CCDAP5 issues the command will it use the Park 3 position of the AP1200GTO mount? I’ve posted this same question on the CCDAP forum, but also thought someone here might have an answer for me.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Hammonds
www.creatorsview.com

"I know one thing, that I know nothing." Socrates