From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 10:20 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: AP160/Mach 1?

For visual or astro-photography?

A-P web site said for Mach1:

"Recommended for: Astro-Physics and similar fast refractors up to our 160 mm f7.5 Starfire EDF, 8-11" SCTs and 6-8" Maks."

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <mshade@...> wrote :

So sort of curious how well an AP 160 does on a Mach 1...I know not an "ideal" situation but workable? I think the OTA is 27#, the mount's capacity is 45#...looking at the portability factor primarily. I know a 130 f/6.3 works easy enough but not the bigger scope...

Thanks...

Mike J. Shade: mshade@...

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution

In Defeat: Defiance

In Victory: Magnanimity

In Peace: Goodwill

Sir Winston Churchill

Vega, the brightest one, is now dropping towards the west. Can it be half

a year since I watched her April rising in the east? Low in the southwest

Antares blinks a sad farwell to fall...

Leslie Peltier, Starlight Nights

International Dark Sky Association: www.darksky.org <http://www.darksky.org/>