Re: Com port problems

Joel Short

I think part of the problem I was having was that on the FTDI website there are multiple downloads and I wasn't sure which drivers to download.  There are "VCP", "D2XX" and "D3XX" drivers, all of which are Greek to me.
joel

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM, yahoo@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

it's probably obvious but - most versions of Windows have built in drivers for USB-serial which work out of the box with USB adapters, but they do not support the FTDI feature of remembering the com port mapping. so make sure you actually did install FTDI's drivers or you'll have problems with the com port mappings bouncing around.

this got me once so I thought I should mention it.

rob