From: ap-gto@... on behalf of pnagy@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Saturday, 30 January 2016 1:19 a.m.
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Com port problems

Steve,

Can you describe in details about your issues? Are you using MicroTouch or Optec focusing system?

It's hard to blame Microsoft, Focuser's driver or USB-to-Serial adapter. Device Manager only tells you the COM port # for the USB-to-Serial adapter but not the device it's connecting to so you have to make a guess like I described below.

Once I guessed the COM port # correctly for the devices I am trying to control, it's works great from then on.

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., wrote :

I'm having the same problem with a feathertouch focuser, using serial to usb. I'm having the PC examined.

Has anyone found the remedy yet?

Steve