Re: Com port problems

Andy Galasso

Joel,

One other approach to consider if you run into any problems with your solution of going through the USB hub: plug the USB-serial adapter directly into the PC and run an RS-232 cable from the adapter to the CP3.  In my experience RS-232 cables are more reliable than USB cables, hubs, and extender cables.

I have several imaging devices that require serial connections (CP3, rotator, focuser, SX AO) and I use a PCI serial port card in the PC to provide all the serial ports I need without using any USB-serial port adapters.

Andy