Re: Sharpless 2-157

Stuart

Really pretty image Tom! I'm just learning PI myself and have the same challenges with the image going soft during the noise reduction. Steve's comments are where I'd go too - a tad soft, maybe back off the NR or do it in PS while you refine your PI process.

Stuart

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Tom Carrico tom@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi all,
Been a long time since I posted here. Been way too busy getting used to
retirement and getting set up at Sierra Remote Observatory. Also
spending lots of time learning PixInsight. This image is one of my first
where I mostly used PixInsight for processing. I also used Photoshop for
some levels tweaking and getting it ready for the web. While I like the
overall look and think it is a pretty picture, I am a bit worried that I
may have gone to far on the noise reduction, maybe it is too smooth. You
will have to look at the full size version to see what I mean. I would
be very interested in comments (I have a very thick skin).

Let me know what you all think:

http://ccdargo.com/sh2_157_SRO_AP_STT_RGB.htm

Thanks

Tom C