Re: New mount - Pulsing Dec axis when slewing?

Steven

Yup, that's the same sound, 'expensive' sound, eh? I too was concerned. I was worried it might be due to a weight imbalance, but mine is well-balanced. If this is OK, we can sleep easier.

Steve

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of william mcinarnay billz1@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Sunday, 17 January 2016 4:04 p.m.
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] New mount - Pulsing Dec axis when slewing?

OK, that's good news. Any particular reason it sounds so different from the RA axis?  I'm posting a sound clip just to be clear on what I hear. In this clip I slew in 2 directions. The first slew has the pulse. The second slew in the other direction sounds much better, so there is a directional component to the noise?