Re: New mount - Pulsing Dec axis when slewing?

Steven

I'm curious too, same situation with my mount. It's worrisome.

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of billz1@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Saturday, 16 January 2016 10:20 p.m.
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] New mount - Pulsing Dec axis when slewing?

I finally got to install my new 1100GTO tonight, I just got done slewing it for the first time. I notice that the RA, and Dec axis's sound quite different? The RA axis sounds steady and smooth, but the Dec axis pulses when slewing at a rate of once ever couple seconds. this with no scope mounted. It sounds almost like a out of round gear or shaft. I had a mount once with a non concentric worm that did this same pulse when slewing. I tried resetting the mesh, but no difference. I sure hope this isn't a bad sign?

What say you?