Re: Tracking difficulties

Steven

You might want to re-check the N/S switch. It's a 3-way switch - make sure it's hard over on N.

Steve

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of chris1011@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 January 2016 12:22 p.m.
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Tracking difficulties

I am simply guessing because there was not enough information. In my mind trailing can mean 1 arc second error in 30 seconds, or 5 minutes. Trailing can also occur when the motor is turned off. In that case you get 15 arc second trailing in one second (90 arc seconds in 6 seconds of time).

X values quickly exceed 90? What does this mean? 90 arc seconds? That sounds like tracking is turned off completely. You may have plugged in a guider cable that either has a short, or your guide camera is not powered on and therefore sending a signal to the mount to go faster or slower than sidereal.

I would remove all external plugs from the CP3 servo and start fresh with nothing plugged in except the keypad. Forget doing a PEMPro run until you have figured out what software is sending bogus command to your mount. Remove all external cables except the keypad and those going to the motors.

Start from the basics and work your way up to full external control.