Re: Strange AP1100 behavior

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Mike et al - another thought is that the Timezone offset may have the wrong sign. This happened to me (different software) and it was crazy-making. Everything looked right except for the absent tiny little '-' in front of the 5 in my timezone offset.

Stuart

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Mike C mike@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

My Friday night imaging was spoiled by this same issue.... I'm glad I was in the observatory and caught it before the scope slammed into the pier.

I sat out there for quite a while trying to get (my AP1200) to sync to Capella and then slew to a extremely nearby focus star. Every time it wanted to slew the scope under the pier. I sync'd and recal'd repeatedly with the CW shaft very clearly pointed downwards.

I sat and thought.... obviously... the mount thinks it is the wrong time. But where in APCC can I check the actual time, timezone and DST setting within the mount itself? I am not talking about what the APCC site says it _should_ be set to, I mean, what it _is_ set to? I did not see this anywhere.

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 10:07 PM, Don Anderson jockey_ca@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

That type of behavior is probably due to the wrong date/time/location info being sent to the servo controller. Somehow you are telling the servo that the CW is the scope and the scope is the CW. Some things to check: Is the N/S switch set in the correct position. Is the keypad is set to the correct "Auto connect" setting. If you are having trouble resuming from Park 1, try setting up in Park 3 then tell the hand controller to resume from park 3. Move and center the scope on a known object and do a RECAL do not use sync.

Don Anderson