Re: Guiding with Custom Tracking?

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

You can guide on the comet nucleus if you're using a guidescope (won't work of course if you're using a OAG or an SBIG camera with two chips in it).

Stuart

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 2:46 PM, wayneh9026@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Tracked Comet Catalina last night using custom rates generated by Horizons. Very cool. Worked like a charm once I got the parameters set correctly.

Now I didn't attempt to guide because it seemed intuitively obvious you can't guide on a star unless you're tracking at sidereal rates. Is that correct, and is there a way to guide when using custom rates?

Wayne