From: ap-gto@... on behalf of billz1@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 December 2015 1:04 a.m.
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Azimuth adjustment?

I'm new to AP mounts and had a question about a new mount. When trying out the azimuth adjustment, I found the adjusters much harder to turn than expected. This being when they are actually pushing against the center block. They will adjust, but they take a very firm grip to turn. At first I thought they were locked and didn't want to force them, but not finding anything about lock downs in the manual, I tried again with more force, and they do work. But, I wouldn't call them buttery smooth like the altitude adjustment

This being my first day of ownership, I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is normal, and thought I would ask. I was thing perhaps this adjustment is tight to keep the mount base from being sloppy?