Re: Sync without the hand controller

D Sidote <dsidote@...>

Hi Stuart,

I made that mistake early on when I first got the mount. I now make sure that the time displayed in the APCC status window it correct when I start up.

I think I am just not understanding the process for starting up and the initial sync when not using the hand controller. Everytime SGP does a plate solve its syncs which would be converted to a recal, but what about the initial plate solve? Would that automatically be a sync?

Dave

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Stuart Heggie stuart.j.heggie@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Any chance the time zone offset has the wrong sign?

Stuart

On Monday, 21 December 2015, dsidote@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

The other night I tried to slew my mount to my imaging target and the mount unexpectedly went the wrong way. Nothing happened as I was there to stop the slew, but I would like to understand why. The date, time, lat/long were all correct. I assume its an issue with syncing.

My mount is permanently setup and polar aligned, so all I have to do it mount the telescope and plug in the computer to be ready for imaging. I use sequence generator pro to automate everything along with phd for autoguiding, and Cartes du ciel for planetarium. I do not use the hand controller.

This is my workflow:

1. Start up APCC, and initialize the mount
2. Connect SGP, Phd, CdC
3. slew to the object in CdC
4. Plate solve in SGP (which performs a sync) to frame the object (I have sync -> recal checked in ASCOM driver)
5. Start taking images

6. finish taking images
7. park the mount
8. disconnect CdC, Phd, SGP
9. close APCC
10. power off

so...

Do I need to uncheck the sync -> recal for the initial sync or is the first rcal automatically a sync?

How does one clear a sync and start over?

I did search the yahoo group and the manuals but couldn't find the answers.

Thanks!
Dave

--
Stuart Heggie