Re: DigitalSky Voice and AP600E

Charles Sinsofsky <strfire@...>

Hello Chris, and others who may of seen such a problem,

Here is what I would like you to do:

This problem is due to a run-time file problem and can happen with some
implmentations of DSV.

ok 1st, what release / version was your original cd/rom ??? when you
first bring up DSV what release number is in the 'main info window upper
left corner in green on the screen...2.xx.xx

1) using the control panel in windows use add/remove to remove DSV
(digitalsky voice ) from your computer. If the system assks to remove
'shared components' say YES to this.

2) after windows completly removes DSV
delete the following directories with windows explorer please:

c:&#92;program files&#92;astro-physics <-- delete from astro-physics and down

c:&#92;program files&#92;common files&#92;microsoft shared&#92;speechengines
<-- delete from speechengines and down

c:&#92;windows&#92;speech <-- delete from speech and down

3) remember only the directories above, do not delete program files, only
the botton directories and down from the point i indicated.

4) now re-install your cd/rom of DSV at this point. simply go through the
entire reintall. if your release version of before 2.02.18 ..then vist
please the web site and obtain the latest and greatest release frorm the
transporter room the current release if 2.02.18 obtained by downloading
setup16.exe from the transporter room, your enterance to the transporter
room is obtained with a password found on the inside cover of your users
manual.

5) install the setup16.exe if you do not have 2.02.18 yet.

6) re-start DSV now and re-enter your location etc... make sure you used
originally the mike wizard to ensure the proper input volumes for DSV.

by the way what type of computer?? ..i know you are on windows 98...but
what is the brand of pc..laptop or desktop?? and what is the sound card make
please?

Thanx...please let me know how it goes...i am here to help in any way I
can

Charles Sinsofsky
www.digitalskyvoice.com
author: DigitalSky Voice