Re: clutch tightening

Cal Sandfort

I have only replaced my clutch plugs a couple of times (and I confess I had mushroomed a plug or two) but didn't like tapping the tool into the plug so I used a small Phillips head screwdriver, # P1 I believe, and slipped it in the hole until it hit the top of the plug and made a mark with a felt tip pen about 1/3 to 1/2  the length of the plug farther up the screwdriver. I pulled the screwdriver out and heated the tip with a match or butane lighter then melted it into the plug to the mark trying to center the screwdriver as best I could. I let it sit for a few minutes until I was sure it was cool. The melted hole fit the screwdriver perfectly without bulging the plug and they all back out without slipping.

Easy-peasy-Lemon-Squeezy