Re: security camera suggestions for observatory

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Lee, I am using a Logitech C520. Wide fov, sharp images, can turn on or off the IR that it wants to use in low light so you won't spoil your images.

Stuart

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015, lmbuck2000@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

i am looking for recommendations on security cameras for my observatory.

i have read that "nightvision" LEDS are bad because of  emissions that can be picked up during imaging.

i want to be able to monitor the mount position and interior of the observatory. (i will actually use several cameras)

one model  i have seen suggested is Samsung SNB-2000.

any others?

i wired the observatory with the intention of using POE cameras.

suggestions appreciated.

thanks

Lee