Re: Mach 1: Checking for debris in RA worm gear.

christian viladrich

Hi,

You can also check if it is a problem with corrupted PEC data. Just switch off the PEC and check if the problem is still there.

Best regards

Christian

Le 12/08/2015 04:33, g.kurczveil@... [ap-gto] a écrit :
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the group, but a long time imager/observer.

Setup: Mach 1, TV127is, STF8300, Orion 50 mm guider.

I have a Mach 1 which occasionally (once every 10-20 frames) gives spikes in the RA axis. I am certain that it has nothing to do with the guider (or cosmic ray hits) as I can see this movement even when the autoguider is not sending commands (i.e. I am just doing looping exposures). I am also confident that this is not caused by flex or cables. In addition, the weights are always biased such that the mount is working against gravity. I am suspecting that there is some debris on the worm gear but not on the worm itself as I don't see any periodic issues.

Is there a pdf that shows how to disassemble to mount to allow me to inspect the worm gear?

I've worked on CG5 and GM8 mounts, so I think I would be comfortable inspecting the insides of the Mach 1 too.

Thanks,

Geza.