Re: Milky Way Mosaic

James Janusz <jjanusz@...>

WOW!

From my Android Galaxy S3 phone on T-Mobile.

-------- Original message --------
From: "chris1011@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...>
Date: 07/22/2015 3:05 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: ap-gto@...,ap-ug@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Milky Way Mosaic

Hi All,

After a week of imaging during variable clouds and periods of clear, I managed to get most of my Milky Way H-alpha mosaic. I still have to go back and re-shoot some of the noisier frames.

This is a 6 panel mosaic starting from the Crescent nebula going south. Each panel consists of a number of 15 minute exposures, number depending on how clear the skies stayed during each imaging session (anywhere from 4 to 14 subs). There is a lot of stuff there. Have fun identifying it all. I will post a larger version in the Astromart Gallery.

I used the 130EDX with Quad TCC running at F4.6, STL11K CCD camera, guided on the Mach1 mounting.