Re: Milky Way Mosaic

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Ya baby! Nice one Rolando!

Stuart

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:05 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi All,

After a week of imaging during variable clouds and periods of clear, I managed to get most of my Milky Way H-alpha mosaic. I still have to go back and re-shoot some of the noisier frames.

This is a 6 panel mosaic starting from the Crescent nebula going south. Each panel consists of a number of 15 minute exposures, number depending on how clear the skies stayed during each imaging session (anywhere from 4 to 14 subs). There is a lot of stuff there. Have fun identifying it all. I will post a larger version in the Astromart Gallery.

I used the 130EDX with Quad TCC running at F4.6, STL11K CCD camera, guided on the Mach1 mounting.