Re: Question re TSX and my AP900GTO CP2

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Don et al - I just talked w George and he said I should take the cover off of the CP2 controller and confirm I do have the 'D' chip and if so, it would be worth the money to upgrade to the latest chip for the CP2 which is the E1. Going to a CP3 controller seemed unnecessary. George and I also agreed that since the connection with TSX seemed to be working despite the warning message, I am probably a-okay staying with the CP2 (also, odd that TSX insisted I have at least firmware 'G' when there is no such thing for an AP900GTO CP2).

Stuart

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...> wrote:
Don, that is on today's list of things to do. Appreciate your help though.

LOTS to like about upgrading to the CP3 but spending a lot right now to commission a second set-up and wallet is getting a wee bit over worked.

Stuart

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 2:01 AM, Don Anderson jockey_ca@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I am not sure but I believe it can be upgraded to a certain point. Not sure if the max CP2 upgrade will satisfy TSX. I would get hold of George at AP to find out.
Don

From: "Stuart Heggie stuart.j.heggie@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...>
To: "ap-gto@..." <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Question re TSX and my AP900GTO CP2

Don, thanks. My controller is CP2 not CP3. I am not so sure that it can be upgraded like you've described. Do you know?

Stuart

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Don Anderson jockey_ca@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Stuart
The firmware upgrade is done to the CP3 servo controller via a new ROM chip. The cost is about $80. It is a relatively simple procedure and you can do it yourself. Contact George at AP.
Don Anderson