Mylar washers instead of nylon

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

During the last week, somewhere in the discussion about clamping handles for
the AP 600, the suggestion came up to add a nylon washer -- either under the
metal washer, or in place of the metal washer. A trip to my local hardware
store today turned up something that I'd never heard of, but that is a
better solution than the nylon washers: Mylar washers.

The Mylar washers have several advantages right off that I can see:

* Thinner than nylon
* Harder than nylon, but not so hard as to be troublesome
* Less friction than nylon, almost slippery in fact

They are recommended for any location where you have frequent tightening and
loosening. They are also quite cheap, .24 to .30 a pair, depending on size.

Ron Wodaski