Re: Drift method question

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Jim, if the object is rising when you think you are pointed due South, then you are actually looking East of South (this presupposes that you know which way is up in the eyepiece, harder than it seems when it is dark, you're tired and providing a feast for mosquitos). When you think you are pointed due East and the object is moving North in the eyepiece, it means your mount's polar axis is pointed above the true pole.

Hope this helps.

I have an older AP900GTO (CP2) and can't use APCC but maybe it will do the job. Or PoleAlignMax (I think that is right). TheSkyX will do it for sure if you're using that. It takes images, platesolves them then tells you how to adjust the mount.

Stuart

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:02 AM, thefamily90@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

OK, so I don't know what the heck I am doing.

Hopefully one of you can help me.

I have my AP 1200 mount set up as best I can. Cannot see the N star from where the scope is located. When on or near the Meridian Saturn is drifting South.

While imaging I am working the button on the hand controller like a computer game. :^)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

best,

Jim Phillips