Re: Drift method question

topboxman

Operating manuals for A-P mounts describe different methods for polar alignment. Did you read the manuals?

My preferred method is Quick Star Drift Alignment using finderscope. See page 6 of:

http://www.astro-physics.com/tech_support/mounts/keypad_v417.pdf

For other polar alignment methods, see page 19 of:

http://www.astro-physics.com/tech_support/mounts/keypad_v412.pdf

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <thefamily90@...> wrote :

OK, so I don't know what the heck I am doing.

Hopefully one of you can help me.

I have my AP 1200 mount set up as best I can. Cannot see the N star from where the scope is located. When on or near the Meridian Saturn is drifting South.

While imaging I am working the button on the hand controller like a computer game. :^)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

best,

Jim Phillips