Re: V1 chip upgrade questions

Hi Dave,

We are still evaluating the tweak that we made to the encoder correction in the V1 chip before issuing an upgrade to all encoder mounts.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 3:28 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] V1 chip upgrade questions

Is the V1 chip available to the GP?  Hoping soon for us encoder users. I heard there some guiding fixes. 

Dave Goodyear

On Mar 29, 2015, at 2:46 PM, 'Mike Shade' mshade@q.com [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Received the new V1 chip and have a few questions:  I understand fully how to physically get the chip installed I have a few questions regarding initializing it.

Since I use a computer to drive the system…the directions offer to “make sure that the options to send all of the time, date…to the mount”…does this mean in the ASCOM driver I click “re-synch mount to PC time” and then on the next “page” click “send longitude and latitude to mount”…or is there another option(s) that I am missing?

Do I need to have the hand pad plugged in while I do this or just power the mount up and use the software to initialize?  I know I will have to synch on a star to update pointing and that PEM will be shot and need to be retrained.

Finally, with the Q version I had previously, Tpoint would lose accuracy over time and not point well, primarily in RA…since the new chip is supposed to allow positional accuracy virtually indefinitely, will Tpoint now work like it is supposed to?  

Thanks…

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution

In Defeat: Defiance

In Victory: Magnanimity

In Peace: Goodwill

Sir Winston Churchill

Already, in the gathering dusk, a few of the stars are turning on their lights.
Vega, the brightest one, is now dropping toward the west.  Can it be half
a year since I watched her April rising in the east?  Low down in the
southwest Antares blinks a sad farewell to fall...
Leslie Peltier, Starlight Nights

International Dark Sky Association: www.darksky.org

"I like the dark, it's cheap" Ebenezer Scrooge

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.