From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 8:05 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Crash in AP ASCOM driver

Chris,

    I have been thinking about changing my USB-2 hub to a USB-3 hub. It already plugs into a USB-3 native laptop port, so I think it might help improve data traffic congestion, with a faster pipeline. I know the devices are only USB-2, but with a 7-port hub, the speed to the laptop of all that data mix should improve, and possibly reduce conflicts coming into the hub.

    My only concern is whether the existence of just a single USB-2 device might trigger the USB-3 hub to operate strictly at USB-2 speeds, including sending the mix to the laptop.

Joe

Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 1:07 PM

Various USB burst data transfer modes can do that.  It's a USB issue.

Best solution might be to install a real serial port and avoid the USB bus.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738