From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 1:21 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] USB problems with Sony laptop and Windows 7 home premium

Thanks for the ideas Christopher.  The cables are brand new and looked nice and shiny when I opened them Thursday.  Plus I have similar problems with the Belkin hub which has its own cables.

I went to USB serial bus controller under the device manager window.  Only 4 of the listed devices (2 Generic USB hub and 2 Root USB hub) even have a power management tab.  In all 4 cases the “allow computer to turn off device to save power” was not selected.

James