Re: Replacement azimuth clamps for 600E series

Marj <astrophy@...>

Ron,
You are full of good ideas and your explanations are very clear (looking for
a technical writer/customer service job?). The side bolts on the 600E mount
are M12x1.75P. An alternate supplier is Reid Tool Supply Co.
Phone:1-800-253-0421 (at least as of 1997). We have provided them to several
people in northern latitudes since the normal knob would be in the way. I
don't know the exact part number.

We did consider this type of handle a couple of years ago, but did not add
them as a standard item to the mount for several reasons:
The stainless handles are very expensive, but less expensive ones would
rust. Since few people would realize the benefits, the cost was prohibitive.
The mounts are already expensive to produce.
The handles would protrude from the side and would be likely to be damaged
when people lay their mounts down (and they do), especially the plastic
handles.

Having said this, it is a great idea for our tips and techniques section of
the web site, if we ever have time to work on it.