Setup of AP 400gto

Marc Zukoff <yooody@...>

Hi,

Just a simple question from a novice. I placed my name on the list
for a 400 mount thinking it would be way in the future. Well the future
came quickly, and the mount is due in the next few months. My question
concerns the setup time for the mount including polar alignment. I was
looking for a mount for a 4 inch refractor and considered the GP with
the skysensor, which does not require polar alignment, but I read of
too many mechanical problems with the skysensor. My ideal viewing spot
does not have a good view of polaris. I know there are other ways of
polar aligning, but they sound very time consuming.Anyone with an
estimate of setup times, and how careful alignment is needed for casual
observation, no astro-photograghy.