Re: New member: AP GTO on Parallax mount

Mike Mah

Hi Howard,

Whoops, I just realized the values for longitude and latitude were
reversed - I've corrected it to long W 79:24, lat N 43:52 (I copied the
info from my LX200 manual where the order is lat/long rather than
long/lat.

Thanks again.

Mike Mah

"mike mah" <mikema-@attglobal.net> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto/?start=449

Hi Howard,

1) yes long W 43:52, lat N 79:24
2) yes time zone 5, DS 0

but I double checked the time and it was one hour advanced. This could
account for the horizon problem.

3) yes, polar alignment with Sirius/Procyon.

Thanks. Any idea re safety zone?

Mike Mah

"howard lazarus" <lazho-@prodigy.net> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto/?start=448
Hi Mike;
First do you have the correct long. and lat. settings.???
Second do you have the correct time zone/ daylight or standard.

Third did you do a polar alignment and did you start off with a
southern
star???

Hope that helps
Howard Lazarus