Re: This might be a stupid question - figured it out

Derek Wong <dawong@...>

Paul said:

When I took the shaft off of the mount and tried putting the weight over the
threaded end, it worked fine. It will slide freely up and down the shaft until
it gets within about 1/2 inch of the bottom where it then stops (because the
shaft is wider).
I said:

I doubt the counterweight shaft gets wider at the bottom, but you can
test that by threading the weight onto one end, then sliding it off the
other.
Sorry Paul, I didn't get your second post until now. If you can't slide
the counterweight down the shaft and the screw is out, then perhaps the
pin is stuck or maybe you really do need to return the shaft.

Derek