From: chris1011@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:56:07 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] mach1 drifting

Hello AJ,

Something is not slipping on the mach1. The clutches on that mount do not slip easily, even when loose. And even if all bolts that hold the mount adjustments are loose, you will get no drift.

Please explain the amount of drift. Is it 1x sidereal? Is it less, or is it more? Without that knowledge it is virtually impossible for anyone to offer proper advise.

If you cannot answer that, you can easily remove the motor box cover and look at the rotation of the motor shaft during sidereal tracking. What is the rate that it turns, number of seconds it takes to rotate one time?