Re: Threads stuck on an AP Field Flattener

Christopher Erickson

There may be a tiny amount of skin oil from your hands on the parts and/or the straps. Clean them with an alcohol wipe and try again.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Jul 12, 2014 10:24 AM, "Robert Chozick rchozick@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

My strap wrenches are rubber also. This is really stuck.

On Jul 12, 2014, at 3:09 PM, "'Christopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I always carry a pair of strap wrenches with rubberized straps.  I mostly use them to unstick other people's stuff but every once in a while I have to use them on my gear too.

The wrenches with cloth straps don't work well on smooth-finished astro stuff.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738