Re: COM Port Problems!

Mlooker

These and the Keyspan's AP sells are good...

http://www.optecinc.com/astronomy/catalog/17690.htm

On 6/7/2014 7:12 AM, 'bbrown1382@...' bbrown1382@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Hi Christopher,

The Device Manager is showing the port as COM3 when the serial adapter is plugged in, the icon disappears when it is unplugged-this is expected, yes?  I cannot tell you what brand the adapter is, but it's not one of the big names; it has been used successfully for linking other computers. DV says it is currently using the newest drivers, but I did not see any info that specifically said they were for 64-bit. Do you or anyone else out there have specific recommendations for a good USB to Serial adapter, I would be happy to spring for a quality connection (or two). Thanks!

Clear Skies,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: 'ChrHi Saistopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sat, Jun 7, 2014 2:01 am
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] COM Port Problems!

USB ports are not assigned COM port numbers, USB-to-Serial adapters are.

What are you using for a USB-to-Serial adapter?

And did you install the correct 64-bit drivers for it?

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 4:51 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] COM Port Problems!

I have a brand-new-to-me AP 1200 and am trying to hook it up my to my Asus Windows 8 lap top using ASCOM V2 Telescope Driver - v5.05.31. While the ASCOM control panel says it wants COM3 and my lap top Device Manager shows my second right hand USB port to be COM3, I keep getting a "Mount not found" response. I have used both the upper and lower RS-232 ports on the mount and get nothing, I am pretty sure I have accurately identified the appropriate USB port on the lap top. Can someone please help me out with this one?

Clear Skies,
Brian

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.