From: Paul_Schroeder@datacard.com
To: ap-gto@egroups.com
Subject: [ap-gto] This might be a stupid question . . .
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2000 8:01 PM

Hi all -

Well, my 600E GTO arrived from AP earlier this week-- it is absolutely
gorgeous
and very solid. Tonight the skies cleared up nicely, and I had hoped to
give it
a brief test drive.

Alas, I got tripped up by a fairly (very?) mundane problem.

Put simply, I couldn't get the 9 pound counterweight to slip over the
counterweight shaft. It was _incredibly_ tight. With maximum hand
pressure, I
couldn't get the shaft more than 1/4 inch into the counterweight.

The only conceivable way I could have gotten it in further would be to do
some
serious banging with a rubber mallet. I didn't feel very comfortable
doing this
with a brand new mount. As it was, it took both me and my son pulling
very hard
to get the shaft out of the counterweight (even though it was only 1/4
inch
in!).

Are the counterweights normally this snug? Is there a break-in period to
"loosen" the collar inside the counterweight, or does this sound unusual?

I'll call AP on Monday, but if anyone had any suggestions maybe I could
try
again yet tonight (or tomorrow night).

Thanks and best regards,

Paul Schroeder

Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2637/3/_/3615/_/954043411/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ap-gto/?m=1