Fine adjustments to 600E GTO

Larry Denmark <kldenmark@...>

Greetings,

I've been following the discussion on tightening the 600E mount to it's base
plate during final stages of polar alignment. For those of us who use a
portable pier, fine adjustment is extremely easy to do.

After performing the initial gross alignment, simply tighten the two screws
by any means you like - either singly or in unison, it doesn't matter - and
then bring Polaris dead center by making fine adjustments to the turnbuckles
on the tensioning rods that give the pier it's stability.

I think it was a suggestion that Marj made some time ago and I've been doing
that, successfully, for many months.

Larry Denmark

E-mail . . . kldenmark@att.net
Web site . . http://home.att.net/~kldenmark/