Re: Serial port connectivity issues

Christopher Erickson

From what I see across many Astro forums, most people seem to incorrectly blame serial communications for the Prolific chip/driver problems and wish that their mounts had USB interfaces. A terrible idea!

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Zeglinski" <J.Zeglinski@...> wrote:

<SNIP>

I suspect PC stores either don’t know about the Prolific problems, or just don’t care, and their customers are even worse. If something doesn’t work immediately, they return or toss it â€" or spend weeks with hassles trying to make it work. Dealers probably get a better price break on the Prolific chip versions.