From: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ap-gto@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
topboxman2000
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:56 AM
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Tracking Rate

The new Yahoo Groups update seems to cause lots of problems.

In my case, several times it takes several hours for my post to get
through. Also sometimes when I click on "Reply" button, it does not
include quotes of previous messages (I have to copy the quotes and paste
it to my reply).

And now Rolando's post does not seem to auto-wrap paragraphs. One
paragraph is an infinitely long single line.

Anyone else having this issues lately?

I think we should migrate to Google Groups. I've heard many good things
about Google Groups and should be much better than Yahoo Groups.

Peter

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, chris1011@... wrote:

If your camera was attached to the mount's guider interface, it is
quite possible that it was sending a move signal to the mount. Yes, this
can happen even if the camera was turned off and unpowered.

Whenever you are trying to trouble shoot your system you must take
into consideration all inputs that are attached to the mount servo. Each
and every input can send commands to the mount to do something, and that
something is always what you do not want the mount to do, and you think
it's coming from the mount, when indeed it is usually not originating in
the mount.

So, always start your troubleshooting by disconnecting stuff.

From: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ap-gto@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf
Of
topboxman2000
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2013 12:27 PM
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com

That's probably true but either way it is still difficult to do
unguided
imaging without building a pointing model even with perfect polar
alignment due to variable speed of star movements in the sky.
Correct?
have never done unguided imaging since I don't have permanent
observatory.

Peter

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Erickson wrote:

Wouldn't stars approaching the meridian be moving faster?

-Christopher Erickson
sent wirelessly from my Android phone and a teeny-tiny keyboard
by a
guy
with big hands!
On Sep 8, 2013 12:00 PM, "topboxman2000" pnagy@ wrote:

In case you are not aware of this. The only time stars move at
sideral
rate is when they are at the Meridian. The further away the
stars
are from
the Meridian, the slower they move. That's due to refraction
in
the
sky.

Peter

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "rickysguy" jmartin590@ wrote:

My Mach 1 is on a concrete pier mounter in an observatory
and