From: Joseph Zeglinski
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 9/4/2013 18:03:29
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Meridian Flip - Flop & Flexure compensation factor

Thanks for the confirmation, Rolando.

Spent all last night using Pempro-2 to adjust the alignment, but as it turned out - much to my regret - there wasn’t much to tweak to what I had done initially with my original manual drift alignment. The alignment seemed to be pretty decent already. Sky testing clouded out tonight, to see if it made any difference, or if the target comes closer to FOV on both sides of the pier.

As for shimming, I am a little dubious about trying to slip a thin piece of copper under that hefty 75 lb scope. Not much room under the D-plate, or even knowing which end – fore or aft. Are there procedures to determine which way the OTA is tilted in its saddle, and roughly how thick a shim might be needed, and where to place the brass shim? Sure would be a neat feature to add to Pempro, or any other alignment software

The software modeling approach might be the easiest.

Joe