Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Meridian Flip - Flop & Flexure compensation factor

What you have is classic non-orthogonality. The scope optics point slightly different direction from the scope mechanical axis. Although it always looks like a mount problem, it is really simply an inherent offset in the scope itself. You can try shimming the mounting plate, or you can use one of the software programs to compensate for this offset.