Re: Android app for RAPAS released today!!!

Christopher Erickson

It is the right app.

Under updates it mentions AP.

Jozsef's utility predates the RAPAS and he has always asked a modest fee for
it.

Because there wasn't an Android app for the RAPAS available yet, I contacted
Jozsef and talked him into adding the RAPAS and PASILL4/Losmandy to his
existing app and offered to be a beta-tester. He agreed. When it was
ready, I contacted Marj to make sure I wasn't stepping on any toes before I
announced it here. Marj gave me the green light and here we are!

Jozsef lives in Hungary and is very active in professional astronomy there
as a programmer, astronomer and telescope technician. He is part of the
HATnet project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HATNet_Project

He was also involved in the restoration of an historical telescope at the
Konkoly Observatory. The goals were to upgrade the telescope and dome
control to modern electronics and motors while completely-preserving the
original appearance.

http://www.konkoly.hu/24/index.html

He is a very-nice guy and is very responsive to user requests.

Because of the very small and specialized audience for his apps, he chose to
charge a modest fee to recover his programming time instead of depending on
teeny-tiny advertising revenues.

I have no problem with that, or with reimbursing people for good tools.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738