From: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ap-gto@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Howard
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:32 AM
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: 900GTO slews 96hrs/1440degrees on GOTO

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to post this response earlier but needed to verify it first.
Since Chris' problem was from several days of sitting idle, I wanted to give
the system at least two days for my test. At any rate, as I suspected,
this issue will NOT occur in firmware Rev. S and later. We had discovered
a slightly different, but related behavior in our early beta testing of S
and had fixed it long before the actual public release of the S chip in
anticipation of APCC. That fix also eliminates the rather obscure
discovery that Chris Erickson made.

Either way, PLEASE FOLLOW ROLAND'S SUGGESTION! If you will be leaving the
mount sitting powered on for an extended period of time, please place it
into a parked state. With the keypad, use a park position. DO NOT press
any further keypad buttons. With the AP V2 ASCOM Driver, you can choose to
park at current position, or pick a pre-defined position. To unpark with
the keypad in this situation, simply press the menu button to exit the park
screen. In the driver, unpark from last parked.

In all cases, the safest thing to do if you will be leaving the mount for a
while is to power the system down.

Howard

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, chris1011@... wrote:

Stop is not the same thing as park. Indeed the mount will accumulate 4
days of motion when in the stopped mode, and when you slew it will try to
compensate for that.

To really stop the mount with power still on, you have to initiate a
proper Park command, which can be done via the Ascom driver. Or you can send
it to one of the 3 park positions via the keypad.