Re: PASILL4 LED isn't working

Christopher Go

This is interesting. I used the 3v output with
mine and the output was very dim. I could hardly see it.

Chris

At 10:17 PM 3/17/2013 -0700, you wrote:

The LED is rated for the 3V of the reticle output. If it was plugged into
the 6V output its fried...I did this to mine, so I know. IMO, plugging it
into a 9V battery would kill it for sure..

Hank

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Christopher Go
<<mailto:chris%40cstoneind.com>chris@cstoneind.com>wrote:

**

Try plugging a 9v battery to it. That should make it work.

Chris

At 04:34 AM 3/18/2013 +0000, you wrote:

I usually polar align when there is enough light
to not need the illuminated reticle. Last night
I ran late and had to plug in the LED and it did
not light up. I tried adjusting the illumination
settings on the handcontroller, up to the max level, and still no luck.
Any suggestions on how to test the LED before
calling it 'defective'? It's a brand new unit. I
bought the mount (and the PASILL4) barely two
months ago, and never really thought about testing the LED.
I read that somebody here plugged the LED in the
6V port. What are the specs of the LED? Is that an option?
Thanks,
Daniele

Christopher and Vicky Go
Christone Industries
Manufacturer and Exporter of Furniture and Home Decor
Cebu, Philippines
http://www.christone.net
astropage: http://astro.christone.net
HST Collaboration: http://www.redspotjr.com