From: Joe Zeglinski
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Levels for Park setup

Dean,

I got one decades ago – don’t trust it. It operates with a “pendulum disk” which you can hear rattle inside. I found it sticks, due to its aluminum material, I think. Don’t know if they really have a sufficient counterweight on it. Sometimes, in the cold, I would give it a slap when it sticks, to clear any frozen frost inside, and the digital readout error is probably less accurate, that what the eye perceives as a bubble rises & falls between two lines. Don’t recall carpenters using them, except for Laser-Levels for fence posts. Just wish bubble levels were LED back-lit, instead of using my flashlight.

So, I use my Digital Inclinometer for some rough measurements, but don’t trust its readings for scope balancing – unless you are after a basic reading to confirm latitude set-up.

Joe Z.