Re: 175 StarFire EDF - SPECIAL LOTTERY!!!!

Robert Sinitiere <bobstar9@...>

Anyone complaining about the (possible) unfairness of the EDF 175 are forgetting one very important thing. Astro-Physics Inc was founded and owned by Roland and Marj Christen.

That said, they, and only they, have the right to determine which method of selling these
remaining OTA's is the most fair and practical. They have made their decision, so now, those of you wishing to pursue purchase of this scope should place his or her name into the lottery and wait. Who knows, it might be YOU who is ultimately a very, very lucky winner.

Enough said. Bob Sinitiere, B.R. Thanks!

On Sep 16, 2012, at 12:13 PM, Marj <marj@astro-physics.com> wrote:

Dear Gerald,

Alas, we knew that whatever we did to offer these 175 scopes would cause a stir.

Consider this, the 180EDF and 180EDT lists existed until Sept 2001. Anyone interested in that size could have signed up until then. The current 155/160 list begins Nov 1999. So anyone who signed up on the 155 list until Aug 31 2001, could have signed up on the 180 lists, including you, since you signed up in June 2000.

If we had gone back to the 155 list from 1999, chances are that you would not have had an opportunity to obtain one of these 175s anyway since are quite a few ahead of you. All of them also had the opportunity to sign up for the 180 in 1999/2000, but didn't. How does that make it more fair?

If you signed up this time, I wish you all the best of luck.

Clear Skies!

Marj Christen
Vice President
Astro-Physics, Inc